Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Random!

Since it has been so long since I last posted, and several people have asked me when I am going to update my blog, I figured I would post a few random pictures of things that have been happening! But, the only problem is that I am TERRIBLE at remembering to take my camera with me when I go places! So, I didn't get pictures of some of the best activities we have had lately!

This is Chris and Jesse at a family Christmas party......




Chad and Sharlee jumping rope at the same party....


Dad keeping Trudie warm!.....




Kenlyn loves to play in the snow. One of the disadvantages of 5 years between our two girls is that Sharlee is now "too cool" to play in the snow! BUT, being the GOOD big sister that she is, she went out with Kenlyn and played all day! (Good way of getting out of doing chores in the house!)




Kenlyn had her first Junior Jazz game....She did great! This is her first time playing basketball on a team. She is learning a lot and having fun while she is at it! It is fun to watch her play. She is such a little thing, and the majority of the girls that she plays against are HUGE! They just mow her over! But, it doesn't stop her from trying! She loves to play defense....she is an awesome little blocker! Her attitude is that it is all about fun, it doesn't matter if her team wins or looses, as long as they all had fun! Keep up the hard work, Ken!

Since February of 2008, we have been doing some major remodeling in this house. We knocked out two bathrooms upstairs and rebuilt one huge bathroom. Then, we built a bathroom downstairs. We moved the staircase from the dining room into the sitting room. This opened up our dining room and made it bigger. It also opened up our family room downstairs, so instead of having 2 rooms, we have one HUGE family room. We painted throughout the house. We layed new tile in the kitchen/dining room and basement. And new carpet throughout the house. Our very last project was to redo the counter tops in our kitchen. Finally, this last week, we got it done! I love my house!



Here we are pulling up the old countertops...



Finally, we are done! Almost a year, but well worth it!

2 comments:

RSHORSES said...

Sounds like you guys have been really busy. Tell Kenlynn to keep up the good work in basketball. Tell everybody hi for us. I can't wait to come and see your house now that is finally done. Tell everybody hi for us.

About Us said...

I'm glad to see an update! And any time you guys want to do a little more remodeling you can come on down:) James has been working on our basement for over a year, and I don't see it getting done any time soon:)