Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Warning!

For all of you out there who like a "short-cut" when it comes time for cleaning....Be WARNED!
In March of '08, we intstalled a new shower stall in the bathroom that we just finished. Wanting to keep it 'like new' with minimal effort, I bought one of these....
Yes, I still clean my shower regularly, but isn't it nice to be able to push a button and HOPE that it might help keep the shower a little bit cleaner?
Well, yesterday, as I go to get out of the shower, I here a CRACK! Now, by no means, do I think I over exceed the weight limit for this shower floor! (At least I hope not!!!) But, sure enough, there is a 3-way crack about 2 inches long in the floor of our shower! So, today when I get home, I start digging through receipts. Luckily, I still have all the receipts from when we did our big renovation! (Usually, I am not a receipt keeper!) I call Lowe's and they say, Sorry but we only have a 90 day warranty on this product. But call this number of the manufacture and see if they will help you.
I mean, come on, this shower isn't even a year old!
So, I call this number and the first thing she says to me is "What do you clean your shower with?" I tell her that I use Soft Scrub and also a Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner. And of course, she says, that is the problem! Soft Scrub without bleach is wonderful. But the Scrubbing Bubbles is NOT! She says that is one of the most abrasive and chemically corrosive cleaners on the market. She said that not only is it bad for shower and tub inserts, but leaving it on and not rinsing it off, like the instructions say to do, is even worse! It eats away at the finish on these inserts and leaves them very weak! So, GOODBYE scrubbing bubbles and hello elbow grease!
P.S. I will give scrubbing bubbles credit, the lady said that it is a good product for porcelain and tile!
P.S.S! And in 7 to 10 days, we will have a new shower sent to us under warranty! Ya! But, more construction!

2 comments:

j.evans photography said...

Thanks Cali that is good to know! I use scrubbing bubbles cleaning pads on my insert right now! I have only used it probably 7 times I hope I am ok! I will definitely be throwing them out and start using something else! Thanks for the head ups!

RSHORSES said...

I can't believe that. It done that in less than a year. That is really crazy. That's good to know about the scubbing bubbles. I have used them as well. I hope you get your new shower soon.